Any person who has spent at least one day in the foster care system is eligible for services and grants with Dreams33.
No, any student, regardless of age, is welcome to apply as long as they have spent at least one day in foster care.
No, regardless of income a scholar may apply for a microgrant or an educational grant, which may be funded based on unmet need.
For your application to be considered ready for review, please include the following:
- The completed application
- A personal statement
- Proof of being currently enrolled in a school and in good standing
- Letter of dependency from state/county
No. Any current student, formerly or currently in the foster care system, is welcomed to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, scholars attending universities (public or private), vocational schools, and community/junior colleges.
When accepting applications, we look at a student’s full unmet educational need, so each grant is personalized to the student and their needs. This can include tuition, room and board, meal plan, books, and extra fees.
- A microgrant is an emergency funding program that is open to any current or former foster youth scholar who has a very particular need to be met. This could include the need for a new computer or printer, sorority or fraternity dues, payment for a special class or training, uniforms for schooling/internships. We welcome all students to apply for a microgrant, not matter how large or small the need. The funds awarded are based on the cost of the item. A microgrant is a single purpose grant. However, a scholar is welcomed to apply for more than one.
- An educational grant is a grant that will cover the cost of a scholar’s college experience. These grants are customed to each scholar based on their educational needs. Once a scholar is accepted into the educational grant program, they will work with their advocate and will not need to reapply as long as they stay in good standing in school and/or are furthering their education.
Yes. Dreams33 is here to fill each scholar’s unmet need. Participation in other programs and/or receipt of other grants/scholarships does not exclude a scholar from our programs.